Sorry. You are now a commodity.

If one is already homeless there are services, agencies, people, and self-help available. Stay Safe!
MavrikManna
Site Admin

Sorry. You are now a commodity.

Unread post by MavrikManna »

There are certain people pretending to be government agencies and some Churches who just want to get their hands on the government money for helping the homeless. They will waste your time claiming that they're putting you on lists and getting you in line with helpful agencies when they're not actually doing it. I was a victim of this for 8 months at the first safe parking place that I signed up for. Later when I got a place where they actually did what they said they're going to do I asked if my name was on any of the agencies that I was supposed to already been signed up for. My name could not be found on any of them. Churches and other agencies who are claiming to give help to the homeless can get $2,000 to $4,000 per person per month for claiming to help them. There's no accountability in the systems. You have to check and double check and recheck to see if you really are getting put on the lists and being offered the services that they claim to be offering you. Millions and millions of dollars are being poured into the pockets of people in the pretense of helping the homeless. Sorry but that's just a fact of life. Watch your back and double check everything.
The good news is that when you do get a good agency or church or helpful situation they can really be helpful. So keep holding on and keep prayerfully moving forward.

The HMIS
From their site: "A Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) is a local information technology system used to collect client-level data and data on the provision of housing and services to homeless individuals and families and persons at risk of homelessness."
It collects the data but you get nothing for them doing so. Help will be just as available to you without you registering on this "service." All it does is have you sign away rights to privacy. Just my experience.

"What are we holding on to, Sam?"
LOTR The Two Towers - The Tales That Really Mattered...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

🧡, ☀️, and 🌱(life)

Manna
Admin & Founder (board owner) :geek:
Talk to me...viewtopic.php?t=3&sid=298297a008bd69609c5c34970708c3e7

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Already Homeless? There's help.”